Friday, October 06, 2006

Black Eyed Peas Concert: October 4th


So for the second time, I went to see Black Eyed Peas in concert at Rexall Place in Edmonton. The first time was about 1 week before my wedding and they had two openers that I didn't know at the time. I was also pretty pissed off that I didn't get floor seats thanks to the "Dancing Moms" (another long story).
This second concert was WAY more amazing than the first one. They had Swollen Members & Rihanna open for them (not to noteworthy but alright). The stage show was very elaborate this time including 3 big screens, several small screens, giant floating monkey heads, flashing "BEP" signs, and back up dancers. My friend Melissa said she felt like she had ADD cuz she didn't know where to look as there was so much going on. The sounds quality was better this time, oh & I had floor seats too. Yeah Baby! The freestyling of the first concert was replaced with paradies of well known songs (think Sweet Child O' Mine &, OPP & Hotel California) and they played "Let's Get Retarded" versus "Let's Get it Started" from the first concert (why write a song if you don't have the balls to see it?). Fergie also played her new song "London Bridges"...did I mention that she has an amazing voice even in person & that I wish I had her bod?

No comments:

Post a Comment